Saturday, May 5, 2012

2012 So Far (bookwise)

January:
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Anne Frank Remembered by Miep Gies

February:
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
We Bought a Zoo by Benjamin Mee
The Good Good Pig by Sy Montgomery
Sloppy Seconds: The Tucker Max Leftovers

March:
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Little Children by Tom Perrotta

April:
These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip--Confessions of a Cynical Waiter by Steve Dublanica

Which brings us to May!

Right now I'm reading Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosney and Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. I should have Cutting for Stone read by next Thursday - it's for book club and Sarah's Key has been a quick enough read I might have that done shortly after that! Both of those books are a couple more for the Modern Fiction category for the Mixing It Up Challenge - which puts me at a LOT of books for Modern Fiction.

I need to still hit the following categories:

Crime & Mystery
Horror
Science Fiction & Fantasy
Travel
Science & Natural History
Social Sciences & Philosophy

But I might ditch the Horror section entirely. I've been trying to read In Broad Daylight about that sociopath from Missouri who was gunned down in the middle of town in the middle of the day with no witnesses (crazy, right?!), but they go through all of that jerk's wrongdoings/law-breaking first and it gives me the creeps. I don't know if I want to keep reading horror-type stuff if I'm home alone!

Also - I want to read 40 books this year and I have only read 11. According to goodreads, I am 2 books behind schedule. Hrumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment