Monday, August 29, 2011

______ Books A Year Challenge!

I joined goodreads.com in November 2007. In 2008, I participated in a "group" challenge of 50 Books A Year. I read exactly 50 books (for leisure) that year. I finished the last of the Harry Potter series on New Year's Eve. Since 2008, I have been slacking in the reading department.

I can blame going to school and working, but to be honest, I was a little lazy. We had cable (with HBO for crying out loud!) We bought a house and put a lot of time in house-stuff. The time I had, I wanted to be lazy with. I kind of forgot about the joys of reading and reading and reading until my eyes get heavy and I fall asleep with the lights on, burning bright.

NOT THIS YEAR, FOLKS. I am fighting my laziness (it is still very, very prevalent on my days off though). I finished school this May (hopefully for a long, long time) and now I have a job where I only work 3-4 days a week. This means that I have a LOT of free time.

Free time = Reading.

This year, I have set a goal to read 30 books. Currently, I am reading Room by Emma Donaghue and it is my 24th book. (According to my goodreads reading challenge, I am 10% ahead of schedule. I will probably read more than 30 books this year, which will help me set my challenge for next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment