Friday, August 5, 2011

The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël

It is no secret that I love animals. I have this bad habit of humanizing them and giving them little narratives for damn near everything they do. One of my many endearing qualities, I'm sure.

I LOVE our dogs. People give me grief and say I love our dogs the way most people love their children. True story. Our dogs are amazing. We have a coonhound named Scout Pants (originally named "11 lb male Treeing Walker"). He looks like a really big, tall beagle. I've even told people he is a genetically mutated beagle (I get bored at the dog park sometimes and some people can be really easy targets for my bullshit). My other dog is a mutt - her name is Watson Bean (originally named "Chloe" - she is definitely NOT a Chloe).

My dogs are best friends. They love each other. I could talk about my dogs for hours. Currently, as I am typing this post, my dogs are on the couch with me, curled up in the cutest of sleepy pup dreams.



I refuse to believe there are people out there who do not want to get involved in a cuddle puddle like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment