Thursday, September 7, 2017

Another Quick End-of-August Update

Pay off credit cards.
Go to the gym.
Do little things around the house.
Read 20 books.

Pay off credit cards. Working on it, but making a dent!

Go to the gym. Guys. GUYS. I have gone to the gym 3x a week for 3 weeks. A couple weeks ago I was sitting in my living room. I was scrolling through the same two or three social media apps. I was watching the same episode of Arrested Development I have already seen a dozen times. I had 4 hours before I had to go to work. So I made a decision - and an important decision at that. I decided to go to the gym. AND THEN I ACTUALLY WENT. By myself! I typically really don't like going by myself. I like going with someone else who can motivate me and laugh with me. But I did it. And then I went again. And then AGAIN. I decided I will go 3-4x every week. I even got two co-workers to sign up!

Do little things around the house. Last weekend I cleaned up my office. Well, most of it. I still need to clean up the closet. But I finally cleaned off the futon and the big catch-all chair. My goal for September is to clean out the office closet and my bedroom closet and throw stuff away or donate it. I also want to touch-up the deck and paint the front door.

Read 20 books. I just finished my 14th book! I have a book set aside for when we go on vacation in October and I really, really want to read it now, but I will wait. I have a couple little books on my kindle to read and one that I am reading at work (it's about patient satisfaction, which sounds really boring and I honestly wouldn't curl up by the fire to read it, but I actually don't mind it and think it is pertinent to the current climate of care delivery, which is my job!) I just might exceed this goal.


I started thinking about 2017 and what I have done with my year. I graduated with my BSN. I continued to navigate my new job, learning a lot along the way. I have done a bit (I think it's more than I've done in the past) of self-improving. Things I have wanted to do and just haven't. I recently started going to the gym. In May, I started the online Weight Watchers program and have lost 9 lbs! I started and will finish my Invisalign treatment, giving me a straight-toothed smile! I've always been self-conscious about it and I finally did something about it. I have become more aware of my budget and where my money goes. Last year I changed my retirement contribution and opened an actual savings account that I actually put money into. I feel like I have made some good changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment