Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Well I just forgot an end-of-July post altogether.

Well. I completely forgot to doodle up a post about the end of July and beginning of August. So I'll just do an end-of-July + end-of-August combo.

Pay off credit cards.
Go to the gym.
Look into more schooling.
Eat less meat.
Do little things around the house.
Read 20 books.

Pay off credit cards. I will be working on this all fucking year. <-- same as always! Although I *did* start picking up extra hours at the rehab hospital here. I usually sign up to work 8 and they only need me for about 4, but I like working there. It isn't as much as working at the other hospital here in town, but I didn't like working there at all. I took all of my last check and put it straight toward my credit card. I plan on putting 50% toward vacation and 50% toward credit card debt. I'm also doing another spending freeze. Giving myself a $20 allowance on snacks/lunches/coffee every week. But no clothing, stuff for the house, nothing! for 30 days. That gets me to the end of September. And then the only things I need to get are a couple for vacation in October. I would rather hold on to that spending money for while we are in Florida. Go to the gym. OMG I am awful. Although I have "closed my rings" on my apple watch most days. I've been taking the stairs at the hospital a lot more. I mean, no excuses with this one. I have just been flat out lazy.

Eat less meat. I am going to go ahead and cross this one off. I have been making Scout and Watson a real-meat-and-veggies addition to their dog food every week and it has pretty well turned me off to eating meat a lot of the time. Boiling bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs will really gross me out.

Look into more schooling. Wiping this one out too. I just can't financially afford to do this right now. I wouldn't be able to pay for tuition out of pocket and I will be damned if I take out any more student loans. I hate those fuckers.

Do little things around the house. I will do a deck-touch-up day in September once it's cooler. I haven't really done much else to the house. I'll probably put another coat of red paint on the door in September too.

Read 20 books. I fell behind! I have been reading The Magicians and it has taken forrrreeeevvvverrrr to get through. I liked it quite a bit at first and then the main character started getting depressed and self destructive and annoying, tbh. It definitely lost my interest. I am going to pick it back up again and try to power through.

I am going to be quite honest, I am happy summer is almost over. The only thing I don't like about summer being over is that students come back and Columbia gets a bit more congested. But I am excited for boots and plaid and pumpkins and having the windows open and *fall smells* and hoodies and vests and fires. Bring on autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment