Wednesday, August 31, 2016

September

Lose weight.
Save more money.
Travel a little bit.
Read 15 16 books.

Lose weight - I was lazy this summer. Between clinicals and picking up hours at the Sim Center and traveling, I really didn't spend the time I should have at the gym. BUT, I have stepped it up in the last couple of weeks. I bought a bike (!!), which I have been intending to do for a couple years now. I will need to get a new seat for it because YIKES that seat hurts my butt! And I started going to the gym again. I'm setting a goal for twice/week for September (except for the week I am on vacation!) and then will step it up to 2-3 times in October. Logan and i plan on riding bikes on the trail, so I think that will make for a good "off day" balance.

Save more money - I absolutely hate that once I get back into the swing of saving money and paying off debt, I get some big ole necessary purchase thrown in the mix. In August it was getting a new windshield ($330) and this month I have to get my outlying pipes cleared out by the plumber because of the big ole maple tree roots. It's either that or deal with it when the whole thing backs up and floods. I'd rather deal with paying a plumber for maintenance.

Travel a little bit - I was all "heading to Chicago in September" - NOPE. WE ARE GOING TO ORLANDO, BABY! So this year I did Mexico, Nashville, Alabama, and Orlando! Not too shabby. I think I can cross off "Travel a little bit" as complete in October!

Read 15 16 books - I finished Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the end of August and am NOW starting American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Including HP, I've read 12 books this year, which is awesome. I originally planned to do 15 books. But I guess I put into my goodreads.com challenge that I would do 16. So I reset my goal on here too. I found a "challenge" on pinterest for next year - I will still plan on reading between 15-20 books (maybe set my goal for 18?), but this challenge focuses on expanding genres more than quantity of books. I think I'll give it a whirl.

I'm actually quite proud of most of these accomplished goals this year! Every year I wish I weighed a little bit less and I wish I had a little bit more money. I am pretty stoked that I have been able to travel as much as I have (probably why the "Save More Money" goal is what it is...) and happy I've read more this year than in previous years. And happy that I actually grew some stuff this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment