Saturday, October 10, 2015

October Update

1. Keep kicking ass at 9Round
2 Finish reading two books that I started in August
3. Work overtime
4. Hit the trail a couple times a week

1. Eat healthier, be more active, lose weight. Sticking to it! I've actually started to notice more progress as far as my physical stamina goes. We have been walking a TON in DC (more than 15,000 steps every day) and I have yet to have an achy day!

2. Read more. Ooof. Maybe once it gets cooler outside I will do this more. It will be that goal to cuddle up with the dogs on the couch and read. I have bought two more books in DC. And I bought three a couple weeks ago. Now I just need to get into them! (And I need to finish the books I started back in August...)

3. Save more money. Oh. Yikes. Notice monthly goal number 3 - Work overtime. No joke. This DC trip was a touch more expensive than I thought (totally my fault. I tried to limit the souvenirs, but honestly, I will probably only ever be here this one time.) So I am working some overtime shifts. I am also working the big holidays (Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day) to get the holiday pay + overtime. Gotta pay the bills!

4. In fact, I'm trying to use more of what I already have. This may be the only "resolution" I have stuck to consistently throughout the year. I have yoyo-ed on trying to eat healthier, trying to read more, trying to save more money, trying to get things done to my house. But I am using all my dang laundry detergent and all of my dang shampoo. I need to tackle my pantry.

5. Ahhh. My house. Lol. What a joke.

6. Traveling. I'm actually making this blog update from Baltimore, Maryland! Sarah and I have been planning our DC trip since March-ish. We drove through the night and got here on Monday the 5th. Checked in and hit Capitol Hill as soon as we got here. I'll have to make a second post about it all once i get home. Yeehaw! Bummer it will be my last trip of the year, but it has been a doozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment