Tuesday, May 29, 2018

June! The year is 1/2 way done!

Read 20 books.
Reduce waste.
Pay off consumer debt.
Do two "low spend" months.
Eat more homemade meals.
Stick to a healthier lifestyle.
Deep clean the house.


1. Read 20 Books. Still a little behind. I finished I'll Be Gone In The Dark and started The Radium Girls - it's a little slow and not holding my attention. I saw an ad for a book on goodreads.com and started it - Dark Matter - I'm not very far, but I have NO IDEA what is going on, which is both a little frustrating, but at least I want to find out.

Reduce waste. bags bags bags. Reusable water bottles/cups. I need to cut back on straw usage though.

Pay off consumer debt. Good lord. Forever my nemesis.

Do two "low spend" months. And it is time! The "no spend" month is far too difficult and I'm only setting myself up to fail, so "low spend" it is! My goal is bring my lunch to work every day (shouldn't be too difficult, I've been doing this already!) Only have one meal out every week. No coffee shops! No clothing! No amazon purchases! No books! Just good ole fashioned low spending.

Eat more homemade meals. Heck yea! I jumped back on the weight watchers train in mid-May and find it much much easier to track what I'm eating if I am responsible for making it myself.

Stick to a healthier lifestyle. Heck yea! We got back from Alabama in mid-May and I decided it was time. I'm not thrilled with how much weight I have gained in the last few years. Nursing school really screwed me up and I graduated 7 years ago. I started using my Weight Watchers membership. I joined two Diet Bets (one ends June 17, the second ends June 25). I really want to win them (otherwise I lose $30!) I've been trying to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day - the dogs are thankful for the walks!

Deep clean the house. Nailed it. I just loaded up another trunk full of stuff to take to goodwill. Said goodbye to some fun knick knacks that can now bring someone else joy and no longer collect dust in my house and some books I will never read again. I also threw out a whole black trash bag of old, broken stuff. My goal for June is to clean out the pantry, the shelf in my closet, and the basement.


My to do list:
1. Finish the books I started this month.
2. Keep chugging along at bringing reusable bags, cups, and straws!
3. June is my second low-spend month. Let's save some money!
4. and 5. Keep eating meals at home. Keep bringing lunch to work. Keep tracking and exercising.
6. Clean up the June places. Get the house ready for Logan to move in!

No comments:

Post a Comment