Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Pay off credit cards.
Go to the gym.
Do little things around the house.
Read 20 books.

Pay off credit cards. So while I did chip away at consumer debt, it's still lingering. I'll take care of it in 2018. For sure.

Go to the gym. One of the things that I told myself I would do consistently through 2017 was go to the gym. I was paying a monthly membership fee and just wasn't going. I could come up with some pretty pathetic excuses. I finally started going in the fall and I am happy I did. I have a gym buddy who works just as a ridiculous schedule as I do, so hopefully she will keep me on the up and up with going in 2018. Although, I really need to get in the habit of not depending on someone else to motivate me to go.

Do little things around the house. I did *some* little things around my house - getting my deck fixed and painted was a HUGE accomplishment for me. It was a LOT of work, but I'm happy it happened. Also getting the cat to the vet was a big accomplishment (I slacked and she hadn't gone for years. I know she is little, but holy crap it is scary getting her into the cat carrier). I'll probably continue this as a goal in 2018, but I have a different way I am going to do it.

Read 20 books. Well. Fuck. I did NOT read 20 books in 2017. I came close though! Well, 16 books. I honestly just couldn't get into it. I spent more time on my phone right before bed, which isn't good for a few reasons (vision, being distracted by nonsense right before bed, looking at lists of cute items with the links built in and BUYING STUFF RIGHT BEFORE BED) and should have put my dang phone down and cracked open a book. I need to do better that that.


I have some new goals for 2018 - they are a bit more focused and specific than the goals I had for 2017. Hopefully I can use this focus to stay heading in the right direction for 2018 and actually accomplish some things. Hey, a girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment