Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Heading into May!

Pay off credit cards.
Go to the gym.
Look into more schooling.
Eat less meat.
Do little things around the house.
Read 20 books.

Pay off credit cards. I chipped away at this some more. I did not get to pick up as many hours with the staffing agency as I had hoped, so this is not going as quickly as I had hoped. I am trying to turn this around on weekends though. It gets a little tricky - you don't want to sign up early in case they offer bonuses, but the longer I put off signing up for a shift, the more time i have to talk myself out of it. I need to just do it enough to start making some serious headway at my credit card, invisalign payments, and window payments. Man, I sure as heck don't want to have to deal with something like my window payment again. It's good motivation to save up the money BEFORE making the home improvement. I am also putting myself on a spending diet - No starbucks. No clothing. No house stuff. Only groceries and gas for my car.

Go to the gym. Oh brother. I suck. Even if I don't go to the gym, I need to do Betty Rocker (it's only 15 minutes a day, lazybones). Or do a bike ride with Logan (it's been too rainy the whole last week!) I went to the gym on day this month and I WAY overdid it. Sore for days! I need to get back into usual workouts so I'm not so miserable for a week after.

Eat less meat. Doing this one! I have just been kind of turned off to meat in general. It just doesn't sound good most days. Logan and I will start grilling a lot more, we will switch it up more this year. I'll have to figure out some good grilled veggie meals.

Do little things around the house. I am going to fix the deck in June. I am going to fix the deck in June. I am going to fix the deck in June. I am going to fix the deck in June.

Read 20 books. I'm ahead of schedule! I just finished my 7th book of the year. I will probably increase my challenge. I will have more free time once school is over in May. I am trying to read Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and I don't like it so far. I need to give it a chance though.

No comments:

Post a Comment