Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March Update

Holy hell. It's already March.

Lose weight.
Save more money.
Travel a little bit.
Grow something edible.
Read 15 books.

Lose Weight - I've been going to 9Round with my gym buddy. But this week I have been absolutely terrible with eating healthy. Like, not even joking when I say it's been bad. I need to recognize that just because I have a crap meal doesn't mean I threw away all my hard work or should just keep eating crappy because I already fucked up. Sometimes we just eat crappy and move back on track.

Save more money - I'm still doing it! I'm on track with this goal/resolution! I gave myself a rule of no clothing items for all of January or February. AND I DID IT. This might not seem like a big thing to most people, but it was for me. I often go scope out the clothing section of Target when I am there to get laundry detergent and coffee. I am a sucker for the sales that Old Navy e-mails me all the dang time. I find out I have a coupon, I go buy something, I wear it a couple times or wash it once and then it's pretty much trash. I decided I would let myself buy a couple things for my birthday for this month and then get back to another break. Nothing else in March.

Travel a little bit - My travel plans just keep on changing. Still going on an adventure in May and June. That might be it. Maybe something else in the fall, but nothing major.

Grow something edible - This still hasn't happened because it's too cold. I think I am going to grow spinach in the big pot I have on my back deck. I need to look to see what plant seeds I have in the garage. I went to the zoo last month and walked around the Butterfly House. I think it would be cool to plant some flowers that the butterflies like, but I worry that I would also attract bees. And that's a big ole nope.

Read 15 books - Still on track (ahead of track, really) on this. I've read four books. I am struggling with my fifth (which I actually really started off liking and it has just kind of dwindled away for me). I have two more on my bedside table to crack open. I can honestly say that I have started to enjoy reading again.

No comments:

Post a Comment