Wednesday, December 5, 2012

One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Eleanor Roosevelt was a smart lady.

She has a bunch of good quotes and seemed pretty knowledgeable about life and living and being good at public speaking and making memorable quotes.

I keep having moments of clarity - reality checks.

Being grumpy and sad and melancholy about life isn't going to get me anywhere. I am allowing myself to have grumpy, sad, melancholy moments, but I refuse to ruin an entire day over something that is already done.

OUR CHOICES ARE ULTIMATELY OUR RESPONSIBILITY.

I can choose to be a sad panda.

Or i can choose to make the most out of my situation.
and be thankful for what I have (and don't have, in some situations).

I am going to go on a couple vacations in 2013. I have one scheduled already (I'm coming for you, Texas!) and another floating in my head for the fall. I want to see things I've never seen before. I want to be places I've never been before.

I am going to work on my CMSRN certification. I am going to get myself a study guide for Christmas (heck yes, nerdy christmas gift) and start doing it. It is going to be hard, but it is going to be worth it.

I am going to continue to try to find the beauty in each day, open myself up to new experiences, and recognize that sometimes you just have to take a step back, accept responsibility for your choices, and let others do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel! Just popping in to leave a comment to say THANKS for your comment from a month ago about buying the JAVOedge wallet! I would have emailed you back, but there wasn't an email attached to your account... but again, thank you SO MUCH! So happy to hear your love their products and that you bought it :) They're my favorite. Hoping all is well!

    ReplyDelete